Wednesday 21 March 2018

Botox treatment..

Today I had my first Botox treatment for migraines, I have been having chronic migraines since I was 14 year old. I will have 18 injections over 12 weeks for a year.  I also found out that:

Since the 1970s Botox has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions. Today there are at least 20 conditions where Botox may be used.

These include:

Cervical dystonia- severe neck muscle spasms
Blepharospasm – an uncontrollable eye twitch or muscle spasm
Severe and excessive underarm sweating
Eye alignment or fixing ‘cross eyes’
Bruxism or teeth grinding
Overactive bladder
Chronic migraine

I have two of these conditions. I grind my teeth,really bad. I go through two mouth guards a year, before I got a mouth guard a five years ago I used to wake myself up from grinding. Maybe the botox will help with this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Seen

Safety gear for running in the dark. As the fall and winter is fast approaching it is getting darker earlier, so thought I'd cover some ...