Sunday 19 January 2014

You're doing great..

Okay so I have been cheering my friend on with running... Well today she went running with her running group and and I am very taken back by the wat she was treated.. Her shin has been sore and she went to her instructor and mentioned it to her.. Her instructor said to her oh your ready to quit already are you.. My friend was taken back by this she is not looking to quit ..she ran extra that week and even walked. Yet her instructor insisted she was looking for an excuse to quit.. The instructor then went on to say to my friend after she completed the run , you should see a sports doctor about that you wouldn't want to get a fracture or is that what you want so you don't have to run anymore.. My friend was really discouraged after this happened to her today.. I am very upset that an instructor would be that way towards someone who is trying to loose weight or get fit... My friend quit smoking, gave up her best friend( Tim Hortons Coffee) and started to run which she never did before.. If an instructor talks this way to everyone how many people just give up.. I think you should have encouragement when you are trying to lose weight, start something new or give something up, not negative. 
I would like to say to my friend you are doing a great job, keep up the hard work and don't give up no matter how discourage you get.. To the instructor you could have dealt with it in a better way.. You could have said it was normal to have sore shins, or maybe it's your shoes, and gave a little bit of encouragement as well.. like your doing great keep up the good work.. These all go a long way when someone is trying hard to do something new, and remember we all start at the same end of the scale when starting something you.. 


2 comments:

  1. Thought instructors are supposed to provide positive feedback no matter what.. people like that frustrate me to no end.. just hope that because of that so called instructor it doesn't get your friend down on keeping up with what they are doing, she sounds like she is doing great... just wish I had that much motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diane. what can I say.. you brought tears to my eyes. I am not giving up it motivates me to go harder and to show her... I am so just so mad that I done so much in the beginning and now I am hurting because of this.. when I called yetersday and told her I will not be in because of my leg, she said are you coming back on Wednesday I said yes sure will.. I went out and brought new sneakers, the good running ones, went out today brought a brace for my knee.. Thank you so much, for your motivation, Richard and Walter's.. You all make me so proud and to your friend for her sweet words.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Be Seen

Safety gear for running in the dark. As the fall and winter is fast approaching it is getting darker earlier, so thought I'd cover some ...